1. Preparation and positioning of the site. We make sure to remove any debris and prevent old weeds and grass coming up.
2. Slash and clear any existing weeds and grass. We then leave it a day or two to work its way into the remaining root systems.
3. Then we bring in a hydraulic rotary hoe and give the existing soil a good mix and loosen up. This process is done a few times all while taking caution to remove any roots that we find in the soil.
4. Next, we rake the soil and bring in what we call 60/40 soil (60 percent is a mix of soil, and 40 percent is made up of blood and bone, and organic compounds…This is what keeps your lawn looking fantastic for years to come).
5. Next, we work on getting the levels correct. We do this by raking until the level is near perfect.
6. We then roll the soil with a roller full of water. Taking care to rake out any furrows or mounds that are now visible.
7. When the levels are close to perfect, we dust up the top a little bit and add some lawn builder that will help the roots of your grass or turf to start making their way to the subsoil.
8. The hard part is done! Next, we lightly spray the soil as we are laying the turf to ensure that the area stays moist.
9. When the turf has all been laid we bring out the roller and roll like crazy to ensure the perfect surface.
10. Lastly, we cut away any excess turf making it look neat, fertilise and make sure we give the new lawn a thorough watering.
Why not do yourself a favour and give the professionals a call? Here at Guaranteed Garden Services, we take pride in making sure you’ll have great looking turf for years to come!